Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Supervision Leadership Web Conference July 28, 2011

Week 3 Web Conference:

The web conference this week focused mainly on Action Research Plans. Ed Tech students, like myself, seem to be very confused about the the fact that we are being asked to somehow focus in 2 areas-Educational Leadership and Technology. Some of the students had never even heard of the ELCC standards until their last 2 courses.This seems highly difficult and imbalanced. It is challenging enough to complete all of the requirements for Technology, but to add the Adminstration principals to our plan is nearly impossible. The work load that I currenly have is extremely overwhelming. My solution to the problem is the try my best to overlap both areas, hoping that this will meet the requirements.

Another focus of the conference was that many students could find no evidence of an IRB in their districts, as the assignment called for. I too discovered that my district do not currently require one. This information was a relief to most of us who felt as if maybe we had missed something.

Lastly, many participants shared their Action Research Plan topics, struggles and success. It was interesting to see the different topics that others were focusing on. The plans are definitely different for Admin colleagues and EdTech colleagues.

Overall, this conference was somewhat helpful to me. I would like to see more of the discussions typed out, as opposed to being answered aloud. Sometimes the sound unclear and I feel like I am missing pertainent information.

Shawntee’ Cowan

No comments:

Post a Comment