Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Web Conference-July 12, 2011 Supervision Internship

During this web conference, I was able to gain some information that I have been very confused about. It seems as though since the last few course have been a combination of EA and ET degrees, pertinent information has seemed to be left out. I feel as though missing a web conference will be a great detriment to me, because the assignment instructions and syllabus is not clear enough. Below I will reflect on some of the information that I have gained.

1.Leadership Book

An ET student asked if we had to purchase the text book that the assignment was referring to in the assignment. Dr. Mason explained that we did not. We will be able to fulfill the requirements of the assignment, even without a book. This book was one that should have already been purchased by EA students during their first course. I believe that this information should have been provided in the assignment instructions or in EPIC.

2. Evaluation Form

Our assignment speaks of a form that we will need to give to our site mentor as an evaluation for us. As an ET student, the information did not seem to apply to me. Dr. Mason stated that there would be another for placed in the “Resources” section by the end of this week that will be made specifically for ET students. She said that we could also use the ET evaluation for as well.

3. Assignment 1 Part 4

Many students , including myself, have been confused about the section of the evaluation on “Part 4” that states “To What Extent”. This phrase should have been placed in the instructions, not about the evaluation column. Dr. Martin explained that this was simply to let us know that we should elaborate on our answers, as opposed to placing just “yes or no” answers. He also said that we do not have to answer every question, but only the ones that pertain to us. Once again, this is something that should be openly shared with all students.

I am certainly glad that I was able to receive information from the web conferences. I feel that without this vital information, I would have remained lost. Hopefully, thy will consider giving all students the information that is needed for success regardless of whether or not they attend the web conference.



Shawntee’ Cowan

No comments:

Post a Comment